Eggless Sugar Cookies
Cookie cutter sugar cookies without eggs! They are a little more fragile than ones made with eggs, but the little ones still had a blast decorating them.
•4 cups flour
•4 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
•¼ teaspoon salt
•1 cup margarine or butter, at room temperature
•1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
•½ cup water (if you wish the cookies to be a color, add a few drops of food coloring to the water before adding into the mixture)
•2 teaspoons vanilla
•extra granulated sugar or tinted granulated sugar for rolling
* confectioner\'s sugar
* food coloring
1. In a large bowl, with a handheld electric mixer set on medium speed, beat flour, baking powder, salt, margarine or butter, sugar, water, and vanilla. Add a small amount of water if necessary to smooth.
2. Roll into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Chill overnight.
3.Preheat the oven to 325 F.
4. Roll dough out to 1/8 inch thickness. Sprinkle the dough with liberal amounts of granulated sugar. Use the rolling pin to press the sugar into the dough. Cut out with your favorite cookie cutters. Reroll scraps of dough to make more cookies.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on pan for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool on cooling rack. Makes about 3 dozen.
6. Mix confectioner\'s sugar with a dash of milk and a couple of drops of food coloring to make the frosting. Frost the cookies once they are cool.
Note: Cherrybrook kitchen makes an excellent allergen friendly drop sugar cookie mix.
See other recipes submitted by Joyce LaRosa