This is a tasty and easy eggless, nutless pancake recipe. Seltzer is the secret!
2 cups Heart Smart Bisquick (contains wheat)
1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup seltzer water (I like lemon)
optional: 1/2 cup mini nut free chocolate chips (try Hersheys)
1. Preheat a griddle to 375 degrees F. Or heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
2. Combine Bisquick, milk and seltzer water in a large bowl. Stir until mixed, but do not beat. It\\\'s okay if the batter is lumpy.
3. Let batter stand 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Spray the griddle with cooking spray or grease with 1 tsp. shortening, if desired. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.
6. Ladle 1/4-cupfuls of the batter onto the prepared griddle. Cook until bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancakes.
7. Flip. Cook another 2 minutes or until the pancakes are golden brown on the bottom. Serve immediately.
* This recipe was posted on kidscooking.about.com by Stephanie Gallager
* Seltzer can also be used to make eggless cupcakes. Simply use a safe mix, add 1 1/2 cups of seltzer, do NOT add any eggs, oil or water, mix and bake!
See other recipes submitted by Joyce LaRosa