Delicious Carob Brownies
Dairy free, wheat free, chocolate free, sugar free, corn free brownies that taste great!
• 6 tablespoons carob powder
• 1 cup “parts” flour (2 parts rice flour, 2/3 part potato starch, 1/3 part tapioca starch)
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon baking powder*
• 2 eggs
• ¼ cup honey
• ¼ cup brown rice syrup
• ½ cup butter OR sunflower oil OR safflower oil
• 1 teaspoon vanilla (not necessary if allergies don’t allow)
• In a medium bowl, mix (with a spoon) some oil (not part of the ½ cup used later) with the carob powder until there is a fudge-like consistency (all powder should be dark and sticky).
• Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
• In a food processor, cream eggs, honey, brown rice syrup, and vanilla (if allergies allow). Be sure that this is mixed long enough so that the end result is very whipped.
• Add dry ingredients to processor.
• Add carob and the butter OR oil to processor. Mix well.
• Pour into 9x9 greased pan. Spread evenly with spatula.
• Bake at 350◦ F for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
See other recipes submitted by Michelle