Adapted from Mosher Products website
3/4 c. hot water
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. honey
1 - 3/4 c. amaranth flour
1/4 c. nuts
3 Tablespoons Potato Starch (or 1/4 c. arrowroot powder)
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vitamin C crystals (or 2 Tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar*)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 c. coarsley chopped nuts
1 t. vanilla
(optional: add 1 egg or Ener-G egg replacer equivalent to liquids)
(note: if severely corn-allergic, do not use vanilla. I am mildly corn sensitive and had no problem with this)
* - if these are used, decrease liquids by this amount
Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine water, oil, and honey in a medium to large mixing bowl. Set aside and allow time for honey to melt.
- Sift flour and arrowroot powder or potato starch separately. Combine all dry ingredients in a smaller mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla to liquids.
- Add dry mixture to liquids and stir only as long as it takes to get liquid incorporated into dry ingredients.
- Either grease a muffin tin or use muffin paper liners. Fill each muffin tin full.
- Bake 18-24 mins. Center of muffin should be firm.
See other recipes submitted by Jennifer Simonds