Carob Banana Cake
Gluten, dairy, egg and soy free.
1/4 cup dairy free margarine
3/4 cup sugar
2 bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup rice or other milk substitute
3/4 cup rice flour (white or brown)
1/2 cup potato starch
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons xanthan gum
pinch of salt
4 teaspoons egg replacer
1/4 cup carob powder
1. Set oven to 375°F.
2. Grease and line cake tin.
3. Cream margarine and sugar.
4. Beat in bananas and vanilla.
5. Sift together flours, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, egg replacer powder, and carob powder.
6. Add rice milk and sifted dry ingredients alternatively, one-third at a time, mixing lightly.
7. Place mixture in cake tin and bake at 375°F for 35 minutes.
8. Cake is cooked a skewer placed into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
9. Turn cake onto cake cooler.
See other recipes submitted by Kim