Courtesy of Jennifer Bushell
This is a fantastic recipe. It takes a bit of effort, but can be served at any dinner party. Meat eaters love it too.
6 whole bulbs of garlic
Fresh lasagne sheets
Bunch of English spinach (spinach in U.S.)
A couple of tablespoons of roasted pine nuts
Juice from one lemon
6 fresh tomatoes (preferably roma tomatoes)
A handful or so of torn basil leaves
Cracked black pepper
Tub of ricotta cheese (500g)
Dill (preferably fresh, but dried is ok)
1. Slice tops off garlic bulbs and roast in a moderate oven for about half an hour, until soft.
2. Once cool, squeeze garlic out of its skin (should be the consistency of puree). Mix with lightly steamed English spinach (a minute or less in the microwave should do it), roasted pinenuts and lemon juice.
3. Lightly oil a lasagne dish and place one layer of pasta. Top with garlic/spinach mixture. Place another layer of pasta on top.
4. The next layer is sliced tomatoes and basil, and some cracked pepper. Again, topped with a layer of pasta.
5. This is followed by the ricotta mixed with dill to taste. Followed by some shaved/grated parmesan.
6. Bake in a moderate oven, until top is brown.
See other recipes submitted by Chet Day