Kinpira Style Vegetables
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 medium onion, cut into crescents
2 medium carrots, cut into match sticks
1/2 cup water
1 medium burdock, cut into match sticks
tamari soy sauce to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan. (cast-iron works well)
2. Saute onion crescents until translucent.
3. Add burdock and carrot match sticks and saute several minutes stirring.
4. Add the water to half cover the vegetables and bring into a boil.
5. Simmer covered over medium-low heat 20-25 minutes or when 80% done.
6. Add tamari to taste, cook another 3-5 minutes. Remove lid and cook off excess liquid.
Variation: Cook hijiki, arame, tempeh or tofu with vegetables.
See other recipes submitted by Warren King